Friday, March 23, 2012

Biting off more than I can church

So I decided that I want to be as involved in my ward as I possibly can.  So I have volunteered for many things.
I do the following for my ward:

1. Seth and I are the Nursery Leaders and we teach twice a month.  This is a blast! We have the best/easiest kids that seem to get along.  Now if I could just figure out how to really teach 2 year olds the lesson.
2. Activities Committee Leader Assistant.  We have ridiculous amounts of fun in our RS! We laugh and laugh and everyone has enjoyed my antics and personality THUS far. Love this calling.
3. Substitute Primary Teacher.
4. Substitute Primary Pianist
5. One of a few RS Pianists
6. One of four ward organists
7. Ward Choir High Soprano.  I am not a brilliant high soprano.  AT ALL. But I can do it lightly and straight toned... .which is better than the screeching that often happens in ward choir.  The conductors know this so any time I miss a practice or say I can't be at a "performance" I am given a phone call and  heck by everyone else at the next practice.
Sacrament meetings have been re-planned because I HAD A BABY BLESSING and couldn't be there to sing. I try to take it as a compliment but frankly its quite ridiculous. I have tried to quit twice.  I'm "not allowed to" until I get pregnant and no longer have the air capacity to sing high than a canary. (even if it IS poorly)

I have no children.  I work part time.  You would THINK I MIGHT have enough time for all of this.  Granted not all these callings are from week to week but I have to be flexible.  I am never in the same meetings from week to week and sometimes even month to month.
I am so thankful to be able to give service in so many capacities... but I have learned that I am my own worst enemy when it comes to giving myself too much work and stress.

I have got to learn to shut my own mouth haha!

Mailing me duct tape via UPS or USPS is welcome any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment